Thursday, November 12, 2015

Tenth Week

Its the second week of November and I'm happy to say that its my mom's birthday. The sad thing is that I stayed up till 3am this morning and only got 3 hours of sleep....AGAIN!!! Having to study for tests is hard seeing as I have 2 biology tests one day after another. Studying for different sections is easy but hard after getting your test. I knew I should've studied this morning while I got ready for school, because when I arrived late into class this morning and was handed my quiz, I forgot the beginning part of the many veins and arteries that was sectioned off with letters. Near the end of the quiz my teacher stood next to the bench I had labelled my own since the start of the year, with my best friend next to me. The pressure was real when he stared down at my sheet, that only contained half of all the answers, and kept saying if I was going to at least guess what part was what. Unable to focus and remember the parts, I gave up and handed my sheet to him.
On Tuesday, I had gotten up really early to go to school and prepare for the remembrance day assembly that was being held before lunch time. Getting to school I had to change into my dress for the dance we would be performing. But seeing as it was freezing cold that morning, the cold air had traveled and circulated through the whole gymnasium. We had to re-run the dance about 3-4 times that morning to perfect and video tape the dance without everyone seeing it. With the gym being freezing cold my feet had become frozen and numb while we danced for the last 2 times. I was stiff and couldn't move as much in the freezing cold. I was happy to know that I could get some toast before first block but I ended up not going to it. That was due to doing a run through of how the assembly was going to start and how it was going to end. Having a little bit of time after the run through I had left school to get some coffee from the Tim Horton's across the street with my fellow dance mate, Britney. We spent the rest of our first class having coffee and just talking about our classes. When the bell rang to signal us that first class was over, we had separated ways to go to our next class. When I get to Biology I had told my teacher that I had to leave early to get ready for the assembly that would be held 40 mins later. So before leaving class, I had finished my biology heart quiz and took a few notes before leaving the class and heading down to the theater room to get ready with the other girls. We had gotten changed into our dresses for the second time that morning and started to fix our hair and make up. After that we had blasted Justin Bieber's new songs and started to stretch and get ready for the assembly to start. Before the assembly started we had left the theater and headed towards the gym to get seated in our reserved seating area in the front. Once everyone had filed into the gym and took a seat somewhere on the bleachers or the seats that were scattered and lined up on the gym floor. The assembly had started and had ended in the most respectful way, we did not clap or cheer we had stayed silent and respected the whole assembly in peace. I had even teared up near the end of the assembly when the slideshow was showing the family members, of the staff and students here at Reynolds, that had been involved in the world wars or are still out there helping out with the wars that are being held in today's society. I had paid my respects by honoring those who had died to give us a better future that we should be living in today.
The whole morning was dedicated to the people who had died for us and we should not forget that they went to war to give us a better life the what we could've had.

"In Flanders Fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below."

-John McCrae


No comments:

Post a Comment