Friday, December 4, 2015

Winter Grad Dinner & Dance

Picture before having dinner. Great time with these girls.
Today's the day of Winter Grad. Day is soon to turn to night, and everybody will be getting changed into their fancy dresses and tux. Girls will be starting to get ready an hour after school and guys will be procrastinating until an hour before the dance. I'll be at home early, watching episodes of Game of Thrones before getting ready for the night.

Last night I was grateful to have done a facial spa night. Because now my face is clean and spotless, and ready to get makeup on. But instead of watching episodes of Game of Thrones, I stayed on my phone reading fan fiction. When my dad got home I went out for the next 2 hours from 3-5 pm and didn't start getting ready till I came home. I rushed through the house doing my hair, makeup, and eating a little bit of dinner in case the food was really gross at the dance. It took me 2 hours to get ready and out the door. My best friend was texting me when it was passed 7 pm, asking me when I was gonna be there. It took about 3 mins to get to the parking lot and meet up with her.

Half of the gym was set up nice for the dinner portion but the other half lacked decoration and lights. The food was actually delicious but we tried not to go for seconds as we would be dancing for the rest of the night. After dinner, the girls at my table and I took pictures with each other and with the Christmas tree in the gym. Half of the time everyone was saying how nice everyone looked, or at least the girls did. The girls and I talked about how nice the guys looked in tuxedos the night and how there were more guys then girls during dinner. A dance circle was formed around people dancing. I knew a few people who was dancing in the circle. One of my favourite's was my friends boyfriend. He killed the whole dance battle that night.

My dress and shoes for the night, & the rose my date got me for coming late.

Me and my friends danced to a bunch of songs and we were in heels the whole night. Our boy friends came an hour late to the dance, with a rose in there hand trying to make it up to us. Me and my best friend, Rhiannon were pissed that they came in late. We had to introduce them to people because they were asking to meet them. We danced with them for the last half hour before getting ready to leave. The walk to Rhiannon's car felt like forever in heels, but we got to her car and drove to Tim Hortons across the street from the school. We both talked to our boy friends asking why they were late and why it took them so long to get to the dance. We then went inside of Tim Hortons and got some coffee. I called my mom to pick me up from there. We hung out but then Rhi and her boyfriend, Azuz, went to the lounge area of Tims while me and my boyfriend sat in the booth quiet and tired. I said I was going to head out to go home and sleep. So I hugged him and left, while leaving my name was called. But I was out of the doors when I saw Rhi and Azuz through the window. I walked to the door of the car with stuff in my hands so I couldn't open it. I tossed my stuff onto the passenger seat and hugged my best friend telling her I was okay just really tired and wanted to go home. So she told me to text her when I got home.

When I got home, my mom said that she wanted to take pictures of me. So we did pictures in the lobby and then in the living room. My dad even joined in with taking pictures of me with the rose I got in my arms. Tired and sore, I still went through with the photos for the next half hour holding a fake smile. I stayed up posting pictures on Instagram and snapchat. Then read and talked to my friend till 1 am. What a great night. #Gradlife

No comments:

Post a Comment